Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!"

I was once Wendy in a Peter Pan ballet and I loved it.  Being Wendy meant thinking happy thoughts, wishing on magical pixie dust and going on adventures to Never Never Land.  It also meant saying goodbye to home and all that is familiar.  Neverland was her lucky star.  It was the star that brought about mermaids and pirates, indians and fairies, the lost boys and Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Smee and everything else that used to be all but a dream.

Manduka and a luggage full of bikinis and Shakti's. All set and ready to go!

Today, as I wait to board my airplane to Samui, I am feeling like little Wendy Darling all over again.  I am leaving the comforts of home to head out on a beautiful journey that marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life.  I am going to a place where I have not been before and I will be meeting those significant people who will help find the best teacher in me and change the person that I am today.  With plenty of idle moments the last few hours, I find myself looking for my lucky stars, the same way Wendy had hers.  I look for the stars that will give me the inspiration, light and love to get me through training with bright, shining colors.  Those stars that would be my happy thought.

I stop and think.

I remember saying goodbye to the people that matter most to me before I had left home.  My family.  My friends.  My teachers.  A special other.  I said goodbye, not only knowing very well that I would be back in just a couple of weeks, but also knowing that I would be coming back home a completely different person.  An inspired teacher with a lot of heart.  A better person, hopefully.  Someone happier, wiser, stronger and more appreciative and aware of the things and people around her.  


Koh Samui, get ready for this little yogini!

Now after a little thought, I have come to realize that I found my lucky stars.  I have had them all along.  They are those whom I will be leaving behind, just temporarily, and those who inspire me everyday to be the best person that I can be.  They are the ones I wish to take with me on this journey of mine and are precisely the reason why I decided to make this blog in the first place.  I take happy thoughts of them with me wherever I go, regardless of whichever part of the world I am in.  Thank you, Nikki, for reminding me of this.

I see my boarding gate has opened.  It is time to fly!  There are no goodbyes with this one.  It is just see you later.

So now your little yogini begins her new adventure.  She is off to her second star to the right and straight on ‘til morning!

Love&Light,
Aisa

2 comments:

  1. Great post to start your blog :) Looking forward to more stories on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy!

    Congratulations on the making your debut in the blogging world! How very fitting that your nickname became that of Wendy, for a girl who always thinks of happy thoughts that's certainly you. I remember playing the Sleeping Beauty princess in a fair something I must say is very integral to my being since sleep is where I feel the utmost serenity.

    You owe me tons of stories especially about your special someone. I'm happy and very proud that you're making new friends and walking towards the light of your own personal meaning. I miss you siopao fez!

    Tell me all your wonderful stories when you get home.


    Slumber and Serenity,

    Dana

    ReplyDelete